Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Thursday, April 24, 2008

You know what?

I have had my same haircut for 7 years, minus the bangs, they are a feature that come and go. I have had long hair, with bangs for 7 years.

Now interestingly enough, I have had enough of this hair, and I am thinking of donating it to Locks of Love. I have the required length, I just need the courage to actually go through the cutting process. I am trying to think too, of just what haircut I really want. That is a tough one actually, since I have not had short hair in so long, and the last time I had short hair, I had brutally short hair, and it was yucky. Then I had to grow it out again, and that was gross, I had a bob and it was horrendous.

So I am trying to decide if I actually want to do it.

Here is the thing. The reason I want to cut my hair is because I feel stuck. In my spirituality, hair is energy, its power, and strength. But all my energy right now is really stuck, so in order to get unstuck I think I really need to shake the tree a little, and get rid of all the dead zones in my life. My hair feels like a dead zone. So, I have decided to cut it.

Again though, if I cut it, I am nearing the age where most women do not look good in really long hair anymore. Women of my body shape too really need to think about how short or they end up looking very round. I need to find a stylist who knows what she is about and is not looking to shear this client to get on to the next one because its about money.

Oh decisions, decisions!


I will keep you apprised.

No comments: