Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, March 31, 2008

Going downtown but first... a story

I was not sure that I was going to put this in my blog, but I think I am going to because it really means a lot to me.

Yesterday I bought a scratch lottery ticket. It was a $3 investment in a Monopoly game. While scratching at home, I was just being really positive about winning, something, anything. I scratched off two of the pieces for a $10,000 prize. And then I scratched off one more. I looked, and looked again.
I then started to get very excited. $10,000 would mean some small but wonderful changes, and I was seeing them come to me. I was ecstatic, I was so happy.
Upon checking the ticket again, I found I had not won the $10,000.

Now how is that uplifting in the least? Because, after not winning, I found myself not even resenting that moment. Because for one moment, I was deliriously happy. That moment for me is a very bright warm spot in my days. It outshines so many others for its sheer joy. So for one minute, I was happy, very very happy. I could not buy that feeling, ever.

I know what that feels like now, and just that is worth smiling about.

No comments: