Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, March 22, 2010

Fighting to not stay where I am

The truth that many people never understand, until it is too late, is
that the more you try to avoid suffering the more you suffer because
smaller and more insignificant things begin to torture you in
proportion to your fear of being hurt. ~~(Thomas Merton)


Its time to step out of my comfort zone. Its time to come out from behind the walls that I built to keep myself safe. I have clad myself in the pain of the past, unwilling to let it go, for the fear of not having an identity without it. Its time to lay it aside, brick by brick, and see that today is today.

The past has taken so much with it. But I can do nothing about it now. My job is to realize that I have survived what I have, and to move on.

Sometimes, yes it is hard to leave the past in the past. But the past with me, has been ruling my future, and that needs to stop. I have BEEN through, but I AM through it.

Its a hard thing to tell yourself that you are holding onto your pain because its comfortable.

No comments: